Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Rythym, the Rebel

Last night and today went great! Both from a training and from a family perspective.
It's hard to juggle the family comitments along with the training, I try to train every morning at 5 but it can get tough sometimes - especially when Iwant to take Tricia to restruant on a Fiday night. But last night worked perfect, so i had to share.
I did get to the gym after work for a 1.5 hr bike ride - I went about 31.5 miles which felt like a really comfortable pace. (gee if only i could keep that up for more then 1.5 hours).
But the gem of the evening was that the YMCA I work out at is right next to our favorite resturant (and incidentally about 8 miles from home). After the ride I showered, then walked over to the resturant to meet the wife (she had a beer waiting for me - boy do I love her) for dinner. We drove home in her car, and left my car there. Then this morning I ran the 8 miles back to the parking lot to pick up my car and drive home before she was up. It worked out great!!! Why didn't think of this sooner?

1 comment:

  1. Well done, buddy - the juggling is the hard part of this whole thing. If you divide each of those distances by 4, I would call that a really good day. Hey - did you meet a student of mine? Matt? He raved about you and was super-stoked when he saw the Triabetes T shirt! Later

    ReplyDelete