Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Tuesday, February 12, 2008

too much...

Boy have I got some adjustments to make…


I found my self at work today with my shirt half ironed, my face unshaved, and my hair uncombed, looking pretty much like the elf from travelocity.com. I know I jumped into my training head first but I’ve got to be a little more realistic. I’m just doing a lot right now, too much to try to bump up my training. What’s got me so busy? (Ok, you asked.)

The wife is traveling, so I’m left at home all alone. Now don’t laugh, being alone usually isn’t enough to throw me – I can pay bills and cook a can of ravioli as good as anybody. But I’ve also got to take care of the boys (and yes, they’re only dogs. But they don’t get along with each other which means no one else can walk them or feed them and they always have to be separated and it’s a big huge hassle and waaayyyy too large of a topic to get into right now.) And this isn’t an overnighter - it’s for two weeks.

I’m trying to study for my certification as an RCEP (Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist) which I have to take at some point in this lifetime. If I don’t do it soon, I’ll lose my candidacy and there’s no way I’m putting more intern hours in.

I’m also trying to get every little ‘to do’ project done in the next two weeks before we put our house back on the market – and oh yes, I’m supposed to be looking at future houses, just in case we actually sell our house.

So that’s a lot – it is for me anyway. All of this stuff is piling up and I’m finding there’s no way I can slip in an extra hour on the bike, or time to head to the pool. So I think I’m going to shift a few things around training wise. I’m ok with training the number of hours that I am now, but I’m just not ready to start tacking on more. So we’re going to just kind of stay in a holding position for now. At least until I have something else added on to my plateJ

No comments:

Post a Comment