Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Saturday, February 16, 2008

Marathon #2 for 2008

So tomorrow I've got another marathon. The 47th annual George Washington marathon is in Greebelt Maryland. It's supposed to be a pretty hilly course (see below) but that's the kind of work I need right now, there will be plenty of time to taper and run fast.


I kept up my training this week and right now my oly hope is to come out without being too sore to keep up the training the following week?

The plan? Well the plan is to mimic the same thing I planned in New York. My insulin (IOB) lasts about 3 hours. I take a bolus for my meal 3.4 hours before race start, I turn my basal rates down in increments starting at 3 hours before the race, and add a bolus (1.5u) 3 hours before the start. the idea is that the bolus takes the place of the basal, and by the time the bolus is finished I'm left with only a trace of basal insulin.

I'm hoping this works out, I think the idea is solid, I just need to work out the finer points.

No comments:

Post a Comment