Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Thursday, February 14, 2008

100 and counting...

Is that 100 yrs old or 100 mg/dl? Honestly, I’d like both.

In article I found in an RSS feed from ADA it has been suggested that getting to the century mark of life is not as impossible as it sounds – whether you have a chronic disease or not.

A group of individuals (700 in fact) who had reached the century mark were contacted via phone for interviews and health assessments. They found that although 2/3 of them had avoided chronic diseases (yay for them) the other 1/3 were surviving despite a chronic related disease like high blood pressure or diabetes. YAY FOR US!

That’s absolutely fantastic news! I can’t tell you how many times as a kid I wondered if I’d make it to my grandparent’s age because of my diabetes. These and other stories about individuals living to the ripe old age of (what age is it when you become ripe?) gives us all hope that there doesn’t have to be such a thing as down and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment