Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sore?

I was able to ride for an hour and a half this morning, despite being a little sore in the-you-know-what (that would be the butt, if you-don’t-know-what).


I'll admit, I'm not much into weight lifiting. I can run for an hour, but i can hardly lift a bar with five pounds on each side (see the image). I know i need to, but it's not something that comes easy for me. So in the beginning of my traning season i start of with core exercises and medicine ball drills. These are exercises that use your body weight (like a push up) and for some a medicine ball - which is essentially a heavy basketball.

So, I did these core exercises / medicine ball drills for the first time in a long time yesterday, and the muscles are pretty sore today. Maybe I over did it? (don't answer for, that would be a big Y-E-S.)For me, the muscles that seem to get sore in the beginning of any weight training program are the quads and the hammies (muscles in the upper legs) and the glutes (muscles in the butt).

Whenever you get sore the day or two after you work out its called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (or DOMS) – it’s actually a physiological response and is pretty common whenever you start a new activity. It goes away in a few days, and that means you’re body is beginning to adapt.

Butt it doesn’t feel too good now, tomorrow can’t get here soon enough. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment