Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Java Bottle

So last week I was dragging through my morning bike rides. And it wasn’t just last week. I can always seem to get up and run without a problem, but the bike is completely different, the inside workouts are an absolute chore. You would think just the opposite; nice and warm inside, light instead of complete darkness, the boob tube – what more could ya want? But I always seem to struggle….

That was up until this morning. Last night before bed I decided I’d set the coffee maker to be ready when I woke up, figuring I’d have just a little before I got on my bike. Then I had the absolute, fantastic, stupendous, idea of having my coffee while riding. Awesome! I set up a little table next to my bike and sat my big fat mug (that’s the thing that holds the coffee) on it and helped myself to that caffeine charged elixir whenever I needed a fix. It worked out great.

Don’t get me wrong. Water and Gatorade still have their place at my training table – but not at 5 in the morning. From now on when the alarm clock goes off for an early morning ride - it’s not go time – it’s Joe time!

1 comment:

  1. brian,
    this might be the best idea i've seen since starting this whole check your bloodsugar all the time and do an ironman thing got started. Why not just set up the coffe pot beside the trainer?

    ReplyDelete