Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bad Workout

And no, this is not like the famous phrase in the Run DMC ' Not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good!' It was a really bad workout.

It started out with the best of intentions....don't they all? I got the gym before it got crowded, so I knew I had plenty of time to get my hour long interval workout on the treadmill done (they always have a fit when i try and hog the treadmill longer then 30 minutes when others are waiting). I had the i-pod with the fast thumpy songs, the gatorade and assorted gels, and the small towell that tricia made me bring because I tend to sweat a tad when I'm running 5:30 miles.

I was going to do intervals, 3 minutes hard, two minutes easy. It went well for about 30 minutes or 4 intervals into the 10 interval workout. Then i became uncomfortable, and i didn't want to finish, and that never, ever happens (unless of course I'm low). I drank the remainder of the gatorade i had left, and tore through the gels, and whatever else was in my bag but it did little to stop the feeling.

I tried walking it off and trying again but i couldn't get it going again. I stepped off the treadmill dejected and headed home, I didn't even bother showering. Man was I angry. I'd rather give up because the pace its too hard then step off because I'm low.

Tomorrow's another day of course, but boy i hate throwing in the towel over diabetes. it happens, that's life, but it'll be eaiser once i hammer in a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment