Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Saturday, January 17, 2009

So i joined I gym this week...

I had been fighting the decision off for months, and boy, did I have excuses - tons of them. My job is too busy, I don't want to drive there. I don't want to be locked in to a commitment. I can always run outside,etc, etc. etc.

But in the back of my mind I knew it was the right thing to do. And maybe it was the trip to running in Florida and then comparing it with the 10 below 0 windchill, that changed my mind. Or maybe it was the fact that I've gained 9 pounds since the Ironman. In any case, I decided to sign up.

So would you want to join a gym? It's that time of year after all. If you're interested, here's a couple things to look for:

  • Find a gym close to your home or office - the closer, the easier it is to fit into your schedule.
  • Decide what you want before you go - yoga classes are great, but if you have no interest then it doesn't really matter.
  • Ask for a weekly pass to try it out - try it before you buy it.
  • Be comfortable with the staff, and the membership policies - don't feel pushed into anything, be sure to ask questions and find out how you may cancel the policy if you move, change jobs, etc.
I found one within 5 miles of where I live called the Buffalo Athletic Club with several locations in Buffalo, and in Rochester. And after the two week trial they offered, I signed up for three months to see how it works. If it fits, (or if it doesn't) you'll hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment