Diabetes and.....

Humor Tools Life News Lifestyle



Monday, December 29, 2008

I can't wait!!!!

I can't even write coherently. The next two weeks are going to be so cool!!!! I’m headed out to a Best Practices Conference for Children with Diabetes in Marco Island. These conferences are geared towards families where one (or more) of the children are diagnosed with diabetes. Parents attend session on diabetes management while the kids are off on supervised activities. Tricia and I will be flying out with my niece, Ella who’s six (we thought that would give us a good taste of what it'll be like to have a little one:).

Tricia and I will be presenting one of the sessions together, which is a first for us. Since she has a nutrition background and I have exercise physiology we thought we would do it on how to integrate nutrition and activity into diabetes management. I’ll also be presenting with Joe Eldridge from Team Type 1 on taking sports to the next level.

I’ll be flying home for work (of course) but then flying back the following weekend for Team CWD, a new initiative for CWD. We’ll be running in the Walt Disney Marathon weekend; family members are participating in the 5k, ½ marathon, or marathon. So very cool!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment